This was our first trip to the Sandune Archery Club in Myrtle Beach. It was a really nice course. Mari decided to have a go at the SC Lower State Regional Championship this year. She has to shoot at least once at each of the three lower state clubs and her highest score from each of the clubs will be recorded. The person with the highest total will take first place, then second, and so on. As you can tell, Mari is taking it very seriously.
We would like to go to this club again but it's a 2.5 hour drive. Fortunately Mari did really well at this shoot so she shouldn't have to go back to try for a higher score. I don't think anyone will be able to give her any competition. Just look at that form even with the sun in her eyes.
We shot with three other guys with very hardcore target rigs, some of them costing three to four times more than Mari's. They were in a different class and shot from 10 to 20 yards farther back than Mari, but, she still had a higher score than all three if them.
I did a really excellent job of keeping score and holding the binoculars and soda for Mari. Sorry, no pictures of me this time. Mari is getting so confident she was actually considerring moving up to the unlimited class. Once she's got good scores from all three clubs for the championship I'm all for it.
2 comments:
That is really cool! And what's that she's standing on? I barely remember what ground not covered by two feet of snow looks like! :(
Haha. Yeah that's dirt that I'm standing on. I watched the news and don't know if you'll ever get to see it again!
Post a Comment