Monday, January 10, 2011

Baking

I got the hankering for some chocolate cake a few weeks ago so I got a cake mix and made one(this is Eric by the way). We ate it after Christmas dinner at my mom's house. It was so freakin good I wanted to make some more. Here are a few of the things I've made recently.

Here's my second attempt at a chocolate cake. It looks weird because the bottom is round and the top is square. I don't exactly have proper pans for baking. But that didn't change how it tasted.






I made chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles with the extra batter.
The close ones are made with regular chocolate frosting and the back three are made with whipped chocolate frosting that's why they look different.



Then I got a hankering for some donuts. So I looked up online how to make some and found a really, really easy way to make them. It's so easy you can find instructional videos on youtube. You basically make them out of the little rolls of pillsbury biscuits. Pop open the can, poke out the centers of the biscuits(which make great donut holes),



fry them up and add any toppings you want like sugar



or my favorite(seeing the theme yet?) chocolate frosting.



Then enjoy.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, we are related!! Those look delicious. Who's eating all those sweets? I want some!! The donuts look AWESOME!!!

susan w said...

Snowed in...reading blogs about donuts...made by super MOM! Priceless!

I have a super easy recipe for Chicken Pot Pie if anyone wants to gain an easy 10!

I'm just sayin...

Mari said...

MMmm chicken pot pie sounds good with all this snow outside!!

Oh and the donuts were freaking like funnel cake/krispy kreme goodness! I think I gained a few pounds from them!!

Eric and Mari Jones said...

Are you kidding? I'm eating all these sweets. I'm not going through all this hassle for someone else to enjoy it. I've got a german chocolate cake mix and a marble swirl cake mix I'm gonna make next then I may even try making one from scratch. I think my secret ingredient is using eggs from our chickens.