Today we had the dreaded 2 month doctors visit. Dreaded because it included shots! Everything looked pretty good today. She was a petite 9 pounds even! I still can't wrap my head around the fact that lots of babies are born at 9 pounds, scary!! (ahem, Eric). Her doctor was impressed with her muscle tone too, which I was quite proud of (yeah I know it's not like I did anything, it's just Lilly is awesome). She was a little abusive though to her doctor - kicking and swatting like a crazy person! Oh well, what are you gonna do?
To the scary part, the shots: The first vaccine was a tasty drink, yummy. The first shot, look of shock on our face, but we can handle it because mommy's right here. Second shot, oh no waaaaaaaah. Third shot, what shot too busy with the second shot!
Luckily, I brought my mom with me, mostly for moral support for me! Nothing like a grandma to make everything all better. Lilly was passed out in 20 minutes with her grandma holding her, ahhhh. I don't know what my mom does, but she has a sedating effect on kids! I challenge you, send any kid her way and they will be passed out for hours! It's her turn babysitting this week and every time I come home Lilly's passed out on the couch. What is this magic gift?
3 comments:
SO glad your mom came with you. Shots are way worse on the parents than the kids. Glad she slept it off!
Gosh, I need your Mom next door to ME! Glad the checkup went well!
Ha ha, maybe she could cure Chase's midnight hang up!
Post a Comment