So as of last week I've been back riding again!! I haven't ridden since May and it seems like a lifetime. Belmont is still in Blythewood, but I've made time to go and ride a few times already. Here's a picture of one of our first rides back. He's been doing great and has managed to be fairly polite of a horse (is he finally growing up? I'm not holding my breath). Maybe we'll manage to make it to the show here in town in November? We'll see...
I know the grandmas care more about what's going on in Lilly's life. She's doing awesome! She went to the cardiologist last week and was a GIANT 8 pounds 3 ounces! My arms are going to get so tired! She is just starting (now at 7 weeks) to grow out of her newborn clothes. Really it's her length that's growing out of her clothes, I guess she's long and skinny.
Also, she took her first road trip last Saturday. We went to Newberry to visit the Martins. Michael came with and we had lots of fun. She did great in the car for the hour and 45 minute drive. On the way back she was a little fussy, but once Michael went to the back to sit with her, she was quite content. She just likes company I guess.
And then the sad news of the week - this is my last week off work :( I will start back this coming Monday. Oh how I want to just stay home! But tis life I suppose. Hopefully Eric will land an awesome job in a year or two and I can work less! I'll be counting the days.
And the good news of the week. We had our Early Interventionist, Cindy, come by yesterday. Lilly did so good! Cindy was really happy with her progress. She's lifting her head up more and able to hold it up for longer periods of time. She's gripping onto stuff (not purposefully yet) really well too. She had quite the workout during her appointment, but it was actually pretty fun! She got pretty tired. I kinda feel bad, I should be working with her a little more, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten so tired. Oh well, we'll work a little better these next couple weeks. Oh and she even showed us some "baby massage"! I can tell Lilly is already getting to like that!
I will try to get Eric posting again, he's been a poor blogger lately (especially since he started this!). Okay okay, I guess he has had some hard math/engineering classes currently, but come on! Well, that's all for now I believe.
1 comment:
I can't believe your maternity leave is already coming to an end, that seemed to go by so fast. Good luck back at work! I'm glad Lilly did so well with her Early Interventionist!
Post a Comment