Saturday, August 21, 2010

Doctor's Visit ... Again

So we had yet another doctors visit yesterday. It was to the cardiologist for a recheck. She has been on the Lasix for a week now and seems to be improved. We got her weighed again and she's at 6 pounds and 14 ounces. I was really hoping she'd be 7 pounds by now, but oh well. The doctor was happy with her though, apparantly a lot of kids don't gain weight for the first couple weeks on the Lasix. So I guess gaining 1 ounce is better than nothing! Also, her murmur is a little bit louder this time, which is a good sign as well. Overall, it was a good appointment. We will see him again in 3 weeks and she will get a repeat echo.

Monday we will meet with her early interventionist for the first time. I'm excited about that. She will evaluate how Lilly is doing developmentally for now and possibly give us some homework to do with her. I don't know what she will be looking at exactly, but I imagine it will be the generic tummy time kinda stuff that every baby needs for now. Then next Friday it's back to the pediatrician. She wanted to see her in between the routine visits just to keep an eye on weight and such.

Otherwise, our Lilly pad is doing awesome. I fall more and more in love with her everyday, if that's even possible. And she gets cuter and cuter every day as well!

-Mari

2 comments:

The Baran Family said...

Hi Mari!
I am friends with your husband's sister, Melissa. I wanted to stop in and see how you guys were doing. My husband and I went through Early Intervention when we had our preemie son. He did not start in with the physical therapy until a few months or so in, but I can tell you that Early Intervention is a wonderful thing. Early Intervention saved my son from falling dramatically behind in life. My one suggestion would be to ask as many questions as you want and to get a second opinion if you don't like the first opinion, or the person who gave that opinion. I hope that all is well with Lilly! Take care!

Mari Jones said...

Thanks for the advice. We are excited to see what the EI programs has to offer her.