
She is so much fun to be around because of her mix of an easy-going nature and a child-like appreciation for life. I mean that in the best way possible. I wish I had a picture of her playing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii from a few days ago. 38 weeks pregnant and she could not resist dancing to the beats of Vanilla Ice and The New Kids On the Block. Lilly will always enjoy spending time with her Mommy.

Mari is one tough woman who still cleans the horses’ stalls every day. I am a wimp to the heat; she is still working in the blazing sun just about every day! The other day when she got home from her baby shower she mowed the lawn in her dress. Why not? She may not get to wear it again for a while.

Lilly’s Mom is driven to get stuff done. For example, her ability to stay with her schooling until she finished vet school amazes me. She knew what she wanted and she completed it and a year sooner than most people. I, especially now, sometimes wish I had her drive and focus and had finished my engineering degree at Clemson the first time around. But, with the way things have turned out so far it’s hard to imagine I could have made any wrong decisions in my life.

What a babe! The best part is that she never really tries at it but when she does look out! Nothing tops the way she looked at our wedding. I’ve never experienced anything like that before but she truly took my breath away. I forgot there was anyone else there and yeah maybe my eyes watered up a bit. This woman makes pregnancy look good. I don’t even mind buying the one time use maternity dresses for the showers because I love seeing her get dressed up. She’s so freaking cute!
Fortunately, she has a weakness and that is the cold. That’s when she will pull me close to her in order to steal some of my body heat. I pretend she just wants me close by and we’re both happy. Lately, she has been feeling warm even at the movies or at restaurants probably because of the pregnancy. That is why I'm looking forward to this winter even though I know she is dreading it.

Lilly is going to be the luckiest little girl on earth because she is going to have at least one incredible parent. I hope she gets all of her Mommy’s amazing traits and I can’t wait to see the two of them together laughing and playing. I am so blessed to have them both in my life. I love my girls.
And Mari, thanks again for picking me to be in your life.
3 comments:
Aw, Eric, how sweet! You two are both gonna be great parents. Just remember to keep having fun, even when your kids stress you out!
p.s. Tell Mari I totally love New Kids and Vanilla Ice on the Dance Dance Revolution!!!
Oh don't worry, I ordered one of the stress-free models. We've got nothing to worry about. Smooth sailing from here in out.
Wee-wee, you are such a good hubby! And you are going to be such a good daddy! I love Mari playing Dance Dance Revolution at 38 weeks!! You go girl! I've been waiting by the phone for news on Lilly! I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment