Hello family and friends. It seems a lot of people I know have blogs these days and I must admit I enjoy keeping up with what's going on in their lives by reading their posts. Every time something comes up in our lives worth telling people about I wish I had a blog of my own. So, here goes. I'm (Eric) creating this blog but I hope Mari will add stuff from time to time. She is better at computer stuff than I am anyway.
I'm currently a student at Midlands Technical College. I have decided there was no time like the present to finish the mechanical engineering degree I started 10 years ago. I hope to be done within two years time.
Mari, is a horse veterinarian here in Camden. She took a life long passion for being around horses and turned it into a career. She works very hard in the hot summers and the cold winters(the heat index today was somewhere around 114). She goes out in the middle of the night for emergency calls and sometimes drives as far as Georgia and North Carolina for appointments.
We tend to have fairly interesting lives through no effort of our own. We like the country so we bought some land way out in Camden, SC and built a house. There are many miles of trails for Mari to ride her horses on. I have embraced the rural lifestyle since moving out here. I learned to drive a tractor and "bushhog," I have ridden and thoroughly enjoy four-wheelers, I even started hunting last year. I had no idea how addicting the sport of archery is. Did you know there are archery tournaments nearly every weekend of the year in just about every state? There are indoor and outdoor shoots, there are 2D target shoots, and, our favorite, 3D target shoots. These are targets that are in the size and shape of real game animals; deer, mountain lions, antelope, turkeys, gators, etc... And yes, I did say 3D was our favorite. Mari has been practicing constantly and has been going to shoots with me. The turnout for females at these shoots is quite low as you can imagine, but I never miss the oppurtunity to brag that she is undefeated so far this year!
I thought I'd wait to the next post to talk about our most exciting news of the year(and probably our lives).
No comments:
Post a Comment