Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April Wrap Up

April flew by somehow. It went by so fast, we really didn't have a chance to post anything. So I will post April in summary -

1. April was my first month officially being self employed. I set myself a goal and met it times two! Very exciting. I love the freedom and free time I now have!

2. I took Isabel to the Disney on Ice at the beginning of the month. I really wanted to spend some quality time with her. She had a blast - all she could talk about before getting there was how she was going to see Minnie Mouse. When we got there, I spoiled her and let her get a cute little Minnie purse. Then about 5 minutes into the show out comes Minnie. I have never heard a human being scream so loud!!! She was screaming "MIIINNNNIIE MIIIIIINIIIIE!!!" It was so much fun to spend some one on one time with her!








3. Lilly has been having a crusty left ear since her surgery. I didn't think much about it; the left one has the smaller ear canal. I just figured she had lots of ear wax in that ear. Well it got to the point I was having to clean it every day. Then eventually it started really draining and smelling like a gym sock! Yuck. So I took her to the doctor and of course, nasty ear infection. The doctor cleaned it out, and it was so inflamed it was bleeding all over. Poor kid - who would've known, she never complained this whole time. Well the antibiotics have only cleared it up partially, so she's gonna go to the ENT specialist. I foresee ear tubes in her future. Yay, yet another specialist.

4. Lilly also had her 9 month appointment!!! She turned 9 months on April 27th! Wow, how did that happen so quick?? She was 15 pounds and 8 ounces, and 27 or 28 inches (I can't remember). She has finally made it onto the typical kids growth chart. The funny thing is her weight is at 3rd percentile (to be expected), but her height is at the 50th percentile! I couldn't believe it.... Her cousins on my side only barely scratched the 25th percentile. Where did my tall, skinny kid come from?

5. We celebrated Easter over at Lindsay's house this year. Lilly watched her first easter egg hunt - not too impressed. All the other kids had fun though. Here is a cute picture I stole from Melissa's blog of all the cousins. Yours truly up front.




6. Eric finished his first semester at USC - wooooo hooooo! (well he still has 2 more exams to take, but that doesn't count).

7. We have been talking about trading our truck in for a while to get a car. Well we finally did it! We are now official zoom zoom owners :) We love our new Mazda3. (Yeah that's not our car - we haven't gotten to taking a picture of it, but it looks just like this one).




8. Lilly is SO close to crawling! She rolls all over the place and crawls/slides backwards. She usually ends up stuck in a corner or on a wall. I noticed today she is doing the rocking forwards and back but going nowhere thing. Just a few weeks I think.....

9. Lilly had a cardiology appointment at the beginning of the month. Her echocardiogram looked good and her next recheck isn't until JULY!!! I couldn't believe my ears! Plus they took her down to only one medicine. Awesome!

10. Seeing there's 3 months left until the big ONE year birthday party, I have already started planning and brainstorming :) Stay tuned!

11. If you haven't already noticed from the previously posted video, our kid is craaaaazzzy. Certifiable. She is sooooo hyper already. She's so much fun. Always smiling, laughing, and shaking her bonbon. Oh and did I mention LOUD! She never stops talking!!!!! She especially loves to wake up her dad in the mornings, he thinks she's especially loud in the mornings just to bug him :)

12. Also, Lilly decided she would skip the whole baby food thing. I tried soooo hard to get her to eat baby food. I gave her the homemade stuff with no success. I tried the store bought stuff, even less success. I got her to just barely eat her oatmeal. Well I decided a few weeks ago just to feed her our food. Holy cow - she doesn't stop eating! She has no teeth, but if you cut her food up into small pieces she just downs it. She'll eat anything. It's awesome. If we're at a restaurant, she can usually eat something off our plates. We don't have to pack baby food, bowls, or spoons. On the topic of eating - she finally holds her own bottle! Well, when she wants to that is. She has no shame in letting us just hold the bottle for her, but she CAN do it.




I think that about wraps up our April. Yeah it's like 99% stuff about Lilly. But hey, that's how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabel is getting so big. How sweet she is. I want pictures of Lilly with a bow in her hair, Please!

Mom J.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mari!! :)